Wednesday, November 30, 2011

What Pink Hats have done to the Red Sox


Our long Red Sox national nightmare finally ended last night as the potentially insane Bobby Valentine was finally reported to be the next Red Sox manager. Now I hate this. I didn't want Dale Sveum either. The guy I wanted was Mike Maddux but he backed out. This was a lame crop of managers by they way. Between the group out there, then yes Bobby Valentine was probably the best choice. He looked like the manager version of Kate Upton compared to the Roseanne Barr of Gene Lamont. What really gets me angry about this whole situation is how the great puppet master Larry Lucchino undercut his new puppet in Ben Cherington so blatantly in the public and totally making it so that we, as fans, can never take anything Cherington says seriously again.


Now lets get to why the pink hats are to take some of the blame for the joke the Red Sox are now. The pink hat fans have totally taken over Fenway Park and have made it tough to be a die hard fan. The ownership has taken full advantage of the pink hats and good for them. They've made a ton of money off them. The pink hats started to pop up in 2003, really emerged in 2004 and are now basically 75% of the fan base. I hate pink hats. Pink hats are the reason that Valentine is the manager now. Lucchino saw and listened to the fans, heard that there wasn't really a lot of excitement for Svuem ( and rightfully so) and then went to the guy that pink hats have seen on ESPN and heard every bandwagon fan from Boston to Maine get excited and boom, next thing you know he's the guy that's been the number 1 choice all along when we all know damn well that Svuem was all but hired. The pink hats helped sign Crawford and now they've helped Lucchino hire Bobby V. They should own a 50% stake in the team.


Now a pink is not just about gender. Men and women can be pink hats. I have probably seen more male pink hats then female pink hats. Also pink hats don't have to physically wear a pink hat. They can wear a whole damn uniform but they're still pink hats. I was a Sox game a few years back and there was some guy sitting in the stands trying to impress his girlfriend and she asked about who the "number 9" was up in right field. The guy didn't know. He didn't know! Its Ted freaking Williams. Only the greatest Red Sox player of all time. Only the greatest hitter who ever lived. Another sign of a possibly pink hat is there reaction when you call them a pink hat. If you call me a pink hat I'm just gonna say "yah ok" and laugh it off. But if you call a pink hat a pink hat, look out. They freak out and almost always say "I'm not a pink hat. I know what I'm talking about. I watch every game" And they always say it in a high pitched voice. It happens 100% of the time, every time.


They've turned Fenway and Yawkey Way into almost a amusement park setting. They get every ticket and phase out the die hards and the people that know what their talking about. Bandwagon fans are every where but the ones I respect are the ones that don't try to act like they know what their talking about. Pink hats I have almost no respect for. I don't have a problem with the girl fans, I say god bless them but the guy pink hats just kill me and suck the life out of me. Nothing could ever drive me away from my love of the Red Sox but they way the operate down there is embarrassing and how they care what the fans say is killing me slowly. Listen to the scouts and your baseball operations people and not Joe Six Pack out in Quincy who saw Bobby V on Baseball Tonight. You think Belichick listens to us? Hell no and things have been working out for him lately.

No comments: