Thursday, March 20, 2008

Crazy Talk

Wizo, you must be out of your mind. All year Rondo has been knocking down the 15 foot jumper on a consistent basis. Trust me, I have been watching every game while you've been out there in Michigan. When he is open and has his feet set, that's when he buries that shot. Their not running plays for him where he comes off screens. As long as he open and can knock down that shot on a consistent basis and keep the defense honest, then I want him shooting that when he has the chance. The other night against the Spurs, you can see that his teammates have confidence in him to shoot that jumper. During the comeback, Pierce drove the lane and kicked it too him with no hesitation and Rondo buried it. Rondo is an extremely confident kid and his teammates have confidence in him and if he's open I want Rondo taking that shot. He is shooting at 48 % for the season for a reason and its not on all lay ups and floaters.

The Celts travel to Dallas tonight and look to complete the Texas Triangle sweep. The Mavs haven't beaten a team over 500 since they got Jason Kidd and they really need the game to keep up with the pace of the west. Ray Allen returns tonight from his foot injury. This should be yet another great game with a lot of intensity but I expect the Celts to pull it out.


So far for the NCAA tournament, I am 6-1 with Stanford beating Cornell at the half. My only loss was Kent State getting blown out by UNLV. Kent State had 10 points at the half. That's it. 10 points. How in the world were they an 9 seed? Unbelievable.There is another great slate of games coming up later today. Notre Dame is playing, West Virginia vs Arizona, as well as UCLA but there is one game that I really want to watch. I cant wait for the USC/Kansas State game later on today. Beasley vs Mayo. That could be one of the more entertaining games of the entire tournament. It really should be a classic. I have USC winning that game and then I have them making a run to the Elite Eight. I cant wait.

No comments: