Friday, March 28, 2008

MLB season bold predictions

I like to pretend that Isiah Thomas doesn't coach the New York Knicks because if I didn't, the fact that he actually is an NBA coach might cross my brain and make me sick. I should own the Knicks because I have some ideas that will make them a great team. I would first sign Jackie Moon from the Flint Tropics to a 21 year deal, beating Magic Johnsons record setting contract of the 80's. I would next sign former New England Revolution goal keeper, Walter Zenga because he is the last known athlete I can think of who was a player/coach. But since I work for the Knicks I am going to make Zenga a player/assistant coach. For my next move I would hold a lottery pick from every inner city middle school in New York City. I will make every student put their name in a box or some sort of name collecting object, and I will draw a name, and the winner will be given ten million a year, for as long as they want, to coach the team. Finally, I would sign New York late night comedian Conan O'brien, so when the Knicks loose by twenty 3/7 days a week, the American public will at least have a reason to laugh. I would also make Isiah Thomas sit the bench in the D-league to think about what he has done.




American League:
East: Boston Redsox - Pitching arguablly is around as good as it was last season, but the difference is that the Yankees have became worse. Then when 57 of your games are against Tampa Bay, Toronto, and Baltimore, who needs pitching? Boston also has the best manager in this division. I'm not even going to mention Ortiz and Ramierez. Boston goes 100-62

Central: Cleveland Indians - Entire pitching staff is capable of pitching 500 ball. Add a great young line-up and your looking at a record of 93-69

West: Seattle Mariners - Adding the best thing to come out of Canada since Celion Dion, Erik Bedard will win eighteen games and Felix Hernandez will completly come out of his young shell and become a top pitcher in baseball. Look for seattle to have a typical west leading record of 84-78

Wild Card: Perhaps the boldest prediction of all, the Chicago Whitesox will win the wildcard. I refuse to believe that line-up, perhaps a bit on the older side, will be the worst offense in baseball again. I see them edging out the Tigers who continue to get weaker and weaker on the pitching side of the ball, along with a few injuries to their "great" offense throughout the year. Maybe 500 at best. Look for Joe Giradi to be fired around late August as the Yankees compete for 2nd place in the east against the Blue Jays. Look for Chicago to go 86- 74.

National League:
East: New York Mets - No way they collapse again. This year they have only gotten better, espically with the addition of Johan Santana. NYM will be 95-67

Central: Milwakee Brewers - Don't trade Prince Fielder. Play the game the way it is supposed to be played, using small ball, and continue to give out free prostate exams before games to fans and milwakee will make the playoffs. Plus the baseball gods hate the Cubs. Milwakee will be 89-72.

West: Colorado Rockies - Another bold prediction here because the Rockies will win by alot. The best offense by far in a beautiful Barry Bonds* less west, along with decent pitching will lead the Rockies to go 85-77.

Wildcard: Philadelphia Phillies - Utley, Rollins, and Howard is really enough said. A tough well coached team that gets to play Washington, Atlanta, and Florida 57 times will lead them to a 92-70.

World series will consist of Boston in five games over Philadelphia.

No comments: