Thursday, June 19, 2008

Still on Cloud 9



Two days after watching my team, the Boston Celtics, win the NBA Championship and I'm still as happy as I was while watching the trophy presentation on Tuesday. I still cant say enough about this team. People thought Ray Allen was done during the first 2 and half rounds of the playoffs and he ended up setting a NBA Finals record for 3 pointers made with 22. Rajon Rondo and Kendrick Perkins made huge strides during this season and they are only going to get better. Also, as much as the Big 3 (and yes, i am going to start calling them that) was tremendous during the regular season and the playoffs, the Celtics don't win this title without the play and leadership of James Posey. He was so good all season. He is the definition of a big time role, veteran player coming through in the clutch. I hope he stays because he is just such a key to this team.


Doc and Danny took a lot heat the past couple of years and now they have built a NBA Championship team. Doc showed what he can do with the tools and that he is one of the top coaches in the league. Danny came through and stuck to his plan from the beginning. As good as the trades for KG and Ray were, I look to the drafts that he's had. Danny is a good judge of talent when it comes to the draft. Leon Powe and Big Baby were second round picks. The players in the trade for KG are an example. Al Jefferson, Ryan Gomes, Gerald Green (even though hes not in the league anymore), and Delonte in the Ray Allen trade. I'm excited to see what's next.


As for the Lakers, they just absolutely smoked. For me, it was great to see cause I hate the Lakers. Phil Jackson looked clueless at times on the bench and had to go with Chris Mihm at one point. I say from now on whenever a coach just goes to a desperate move like that, I say we call it a Mihm. Pau Gasol, Lamar Odom, and Sasha Vujacic proved that they are softer than Carson Kressely at the Playboy Mansion. Hopefully all the Kobe/MJ talk is done for now because he got absolutely shut down this series.


I'll probably been writing about this for a couple more days. I'm just in heaven right now. They say there can only be one. And I'm glad its us.

No comments: