Friday, June 6, 2008

The Truth Prevails


When Paul Pierce went down early in the third quarter and he was clutching his knee, I saw our title dreams fade away. Pierce is our best one on one scorer and our most clutch player. Usually when he goes down, he gets right back up. But this time he didn't get right back up. ABC went to commercial and the first shot they show is Pierce grimacing in a wheel chair. When I saw that my heart jumped into my throat. While he was out everyone else stepped up but I kept looking at that corner where the players come out of the locker room. Then when I saw come out, I was completely re energized and you could feel the team and the entire building get a lift. Then Pierce hit the 2 three's to give the Celtics the lead and we were off.


Pierce is the heart and soul of this team. His been the longest tenured Celtic, knows all the history that comes with a Boston/LA match up, and is the captain. We need him to win. Like I said, he's the go-to-guy, the facilitator, and our best perimeter defender. For any idiot to say he was faking an injury (Bill Plaschke and Phil Jackson) is disgusting. Whats the benefit of the team for him to leave for 3 minutes in the NBA Finals? He said he heard his knee pop and he was probably more scared than anything. He is hurt and people saying he is faking is erroneous. He says his knee is sore and stiff but he'll be ready for Game 2.

No comments: