Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Various Thoughts 2


I didn't know that "milestones" are a stat like batting average and ERA. Thanks for that news. I'm not surprised with anything that comes out about Roger Clemens anymore. Who knows whats next?


Last night, the Celtics struggled vs. the Lakers and lost by 6. I didn't expect to sweep this series but we still had a chance to go up 3-0. Pierce and KG struggled mightily and I don't expect that to happen again. Even though Kobe had a good game, no one else on the Lakers had a good game except for Sasha Vujacic and his hair band. I'm worried about Rajon Rondo and his ankle injury. If he is not 100% then our offense will struggle. Hopefully that means more Eddie House and less Sam Cassell. But I am still confident with the Celtics and tomorrow's Game 4 is the biggest game of the year.


On Manny and Youk's dust up last week, I support Manny up until he gave Youk a little slap. I love Youk but sometimes when he flips out after he makes an out, it does get a little annoying. Youk fired back and Manny got a little chippy. Like I said I back, Manny up till the slap but it wont evolve into anything huge.


Hideki Okajima has not been as money as he was last year. His numbers seem ok but those numbers lie. He has been awful against Baltimore and even worse with inherited runners on. If Okie struggles and every other middle reliever struggles then the Sox are in trouble. Okie needs to turn it around or someone in the pen needs to step up cause we need the bridge to Paplebon.


The Ramblin' Gamblin' ref Tim Donaghy is at it again. He says that the Kings/Lakers series was fixed back in 2002. I remember watching that Game 6 and just laughing at how bad the officials were. I don't want to believe anything Donaghy says because he is such a scumbag. Either this is true and the game was fixed or he just picked the most blatant home called game on the history of earth to help save his ass. You decide.


Ken Griffey Jr hit his 600th career home run the other day. Every kid that grew up in the '90s like me, is a Ken Griffey fan. One of the worst sports injustices ever is that injuries robbed him of hitting 800 home runs. It should of been him that is the all time leader in home runs and not He Who Shall Not Be Named.


Finally, Cedric Benson was released by the Bears for his second alcohol related arrest. Next stop : the Raiders.

No comments: