Sunday, June 1, 2008

500


First off, I said that you could make a case that Celtics/Lakers is a better rivalry than Red Sox/Yankees. I never said that it was better. If you put a gun to my head, I would say Sox/Yankees is better. But its a hell of a lot closer than you make it seem, my good man. Also, your jokes are hit or miss. Just like the Tigers. Ba-dum-dum.


Last night, Manny reached a career milestone by hitting his 500th career milestone. It was also a classic Manny game in a Red Sox uniform. In the 4th, he coasted towards a easy fly ball and let it drop off his glove. The guy reached second and ended up scoring, giving Baltimore the lead. Then later in the game, he absolutely crushed a ball deep into right-center. So many times, Red Sox fans have seen Manny make a bad play in the field and then hit a bomb. Manny is the best right handed that I have ever seen and arguably the greatest right handed hitter of all time. He's the best at hitting home runs the other way. I think hes last 4 home runs this year have been to the opposite field. Thank goodness that we didn't trade him the 10 times we could have. Next up : 600

No comments: