Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Time Is Upon Us


Yeah, maybe I am a little biased towards the best clutch hitter in Red Sox history and one of the 3 three most clutch players in Boston sports history. Remember 2 years ago when Manny started really slow? Granted, he wasn't as bad as Papi has been now but Manny ended the year hitting .321/35/102 and that was with him taking September off. Papi will put his usual numbers. And Wizard, you gotta take it easy on Carmelo. Yes, he made a mistake and I'm sure his press conference was sincere, but for you to call for a suspension is ridiculous. The NFL is cracking down on things like this but it is happening all over the league. Name the last NBA player to be arrested. I cant really name anyone. Melo knows the mistake he made and I think he has punished himself enough. I expect him to have a huge postseason.


The Celtics will play their final regular season game tonight vs the Nets. Then Sunday the second season begins. I can not explain how excited I am. I have been waiting for the Celtics to have a legit shot at a title my whole life. I cant wait to see all the Celtic Legends to be in attendance for the games. Russell, JoJo, Parish, Hondo, Cooz, Sam Jones, KC Jones, and the list goes on and on. The Garden will be so loud and so intense. This current team is prepared for this moment. They take every game one at a time which is the perfect mindset for the playoffs. Pierce, KG, and Allen are ready and I don't think they will let this opportunity pass them up. Everyone on this team has heard all the experts saying how they can't win. Either its that Rondo cant shoot and be a championship point guard or KG cant win the big one or that Doc can't coach under pressure. They have so many things to motivate them. This team is ready to take their place in history. The fans are ready. They've been waiting 22 years for this. The time is now for everyone involved with the Celtics. I may pass out from all this excitement.

No comments: